Some Background

My photo
National and Global, United States

Monday, September 14, 2009

I am an expert...


Hey, I have an I-pod, I-phone, and an Apple computer. I also have a PC. I know the difference between a HUB and a Router. I know DVB-RCS. I know SOW, RFP, RFQ, SQL. I have lived in London and West/South Africa. I know digital content vs linear content. I know what 'float glass' is. KPI,SMB, CPU, USB?

I know POS systems. I go wireless on a global basis. Do you know what 64-bit computing is? Cloud computing? I know CPM, GRP, TRP, and segmentation analytics. Transponders anyone? Co-location? Percaps? I can create fantastic diagrams and charts in ppt. Visio is my favorite software. For what it's worth, I've had lunch with all three billionaires in the state of Arizona. "The Last Mile" is not a movie.


I am an expert at SEO/SEM and CLV. I am expert at VoIP/IPTV/VOD/DTH/Linear. I've CXO'd 10 tech companies and been a VP at three others. I know what OTT and STB mean in media circles.

When the cows come home, I know who they are, where they've been, what their demographics are, what sectional center they reside in, and what their milk production patterns are. I know where and when they eat. I know the next time they will purchase 'milk duds'...and how many...and where.

Then again, Malcolm Forbes noted this about being expert: "I read somewhere, that the more a man knows, the more he knows, he doesn't know."

So I suppose one definition of an expert would be someone who doesn't admit out loud that he knows enough about a subject to know he doesn't really know how much. Well, with that in mind, forget everything I've said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some Thinkers

Powered By Blogger