Some Background

My photo
National and Global, United States

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Good News About Clients...

The Good News About Clients...
A friend of mine in Los Angeles sent me a note recently. I thought it was insightful:

The good news about clients, is that you can fire them without getting hurt as bad as getting fired


You know, he's correct. I've never been 'fired' as a management consultant, per se. But I have 'fired' clients for any number of reasons. As a consultant you have to be very careful that a negative client doesn't spill over to your next or former clients. It is a delicate balancing act.

You always want to be on top of your game. Not the client 'on top of you'. And there are plenty out there that will attempt to do just that. So 'be careful out there'. You need to keep your own best interest in mind, while still dealing professionally, with the clients.

Hopefully, that translates to good work within a professional environment, devoid of politics, personal side-bars, and company intrigue. I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some Thinkers

Powered By Blogger